Hey, have you ever tried vanilla date ice cream? It's so yummy! And the best part is that it's made with natural sugars instead of refined ones, so it's kind of healthy, right? Plus, there are no added sugars, which is a bonus. Try this!
- 5 large egg yolks
- 300 g Lion Royal Dates pitted
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 1 vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups cream
shop your favourite Lion Dates Products
- Keep the bowl of your ice cream maker in the freezer.
- Whisk the yolks together.
- Add half the Lion Royal dates to a food processor with the milk. Let it run for up to 4 minutes. And chop the left-over dates.
- Warm the milk & date mixture along with vanilla and roughly chopped dates until lightly simmer. Break the chunks of dates with a whisk. (When using a vanilla bean, cut it open, remove the tiny specks of vanilla from inside, and mix them into the milk mixture.)
- Gradually mix the milk/date/vanilla mixture into the egg mixture to bring it to a consistent temperature.
- Cook the mixture in the saucepan while stirring it constantly until it thickens and reaches a temperature of 170F.
- Remove from heat. Add the cream. Chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- Add the chilled ice cream to your ice cream maker the next day. Churn until you get the soft serve ice cream thickness, 20-25 minutes.
- Transfer it to a container you can freeze, cover it with parchment paper, and let it freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Finally, top it with roughly chopped pistachios, almonds & choco chips and serve it chill.