This rice pudding is a delicious way to enjoy the sweetness of fresh pears and the mellow sweetness of honey. Pears are a great source of dietary fibre, which can help to keep you feeling fuller for longer periods of time. Honey is also a healthy choice, as it contains antioxidants and minerals that can help to protect your body against disease.
- 1cup bomba or arborio rice
- 1/4teaspoon kosher salt
- 5cups whole milk
- 1/2cup sugar
- 1/2teaspoon orange-flower water
- 1pear, sliced
- 1/3cup chopped unsalted, roasted pistachios
- Honey (for serving)
- In a medium saucepan, bring rice, salt, and 1½ cups water to a boil. Simmer for 6–8 minutes, reduce the heat, partially cover, and cook until most of the water has been absorbed.
- Cook for 30–35 minutes in simmer, and then add milk and stir occasionally.
- Add sugar, along with orange-flower water and cook for another minute, stirring, until the sugar is dissolved. Let it rest for a while before cooking.
- Drizzle honey over rice pudding and top with sliced pear and chopped pistachios.
Preparation time: 10mins ,Cooking time: 1hr ,Serving: 6
Honey (Lion Kashmir honey)
- Calories(kcal): 360
- Protein(g): 10
- Carbohydrates(g): 58
- Fat(g): 10
- Saturated Fat(g): 4
- Cholesterol(mg): 20
- Sodium(mg): 170
- Sugar(g): 30
- Dietary fiber(g): 3