This popular Bengali sweet dish is usually made during festivals and special occasions. It is a key part of the dessert spread in weddings and anniversaries. This is a traditional Bengali sweet dish which is made with dates, sesame seeds and jaggery. The sweet dish is iron-rich and loaded with nutrients.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup deseeded and finely chopped dates
- 2 tbsp roasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp milk"
- Step 1: Add wheat flour,milk and water in a bowl combine well and make into a soft dough.
- Step 2: Cover the dough using cloth and keep it aside for 20 minutes.
- Step 3: For filling take a finely chopped dates,brown sugar,sesame seeds and milk in a bowl and mix well.
- Step 4: Divide the dough into small ball and roll out like a chapathi.
- Step 5: Place some filling at the center and bring all the sides together in the center and close tightly.
- Step 6: Press the sides using fingers and roll out again as before.
- Step 7: Heat a tava and cook purnapoli until it becomes golden brown.
- Step 8: Repeat the above steps to make rest of the purnapolis.
- Step 9: Apply 1/4 tbsp of ghee on both sides of the purnapoli and serve it immediately😋.
Preparation time: 10 min ,Cooking time: 20 min ,Serving: 4
Lion delicacy dates
- Energy(kcal): 239cal
- Protein(g): 6
- carbohydrates(g): 41
- Fiber(g): 6.3
- Fat(g): 5.6
- Cholesterol(mg): 3.6
- Sodium(mg): 11.3