Wondering why pancakes always seem to taste better when they're made with bananas? Guess you're not the only one. Banana pancakes are a classic that is loved by everyone for their delightful flavour and fluffy texture. The batter is made with cottage cheese, which gives it a lovely consistency. And, because there's a banana slice inside each pancake, it's even more special. Serve them up warm and enjoy the smiles on your loved ones' faces!
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 banana, peeled and cut into 18 thin slices
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Gather the ingredients. In a blender, combine cottage cheese, sour cream, honey, vanilla extract, and salt until completely smooth.
- Beat the eggs until they're frothy in a large bowl. Beat the cottage cheese-sour cream combination.
- The flour and baking powder are combined in a small bowl. Carefully stir the cheese-egg mixture into the cheese-egg mixture. Set aside a few banana pieces, lightly sprinkled with flour.
- Add a little quantity of vegetable oil to a griddle pan. Warm on low heat, then to medium heat until a few drops of water sizzling for many seconds splash onto a hot surface.
- Place one of the prepared banana slices in the center of each pancake.
- Place a dollop of batter on top of each banana slice. Cook the pancake for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, until bubbles appear on the top. Cook for another minute or so on the other side, turning pancakes over as you cook.
- Pull off Pancakes and place them in an ovenproof platter. Set the oven to its lowest temperature and keep them warm. Cook the remaining pancakes until the lightly re-oiled griddle pan is needed again.
- Warm the remaining 1/2 cup honey and 2 tablespoons lemon juice in a small saucepan over low heat for about 2 minutes. Warm individual plates for the hot pancakes on a platter.
- For a finishing touch, pour the warm honey-lemon syrup over the cake. Take pleasure in it.
Preparation time :10 mins ,Cooking time:15 mins ,Serving:6
Honey (Lion Kashmir honey)
- Total Fat (g):9
- Saturated Fat (g):3
- Cholesterol (mg):76
- Sodium (mg):225
- Total Carbohydrate (g):17
- Dietary Fiber (g):1
- Total Sugars (g):7
- Protein (g):6
- Vitamin C (mg):4
- Calcium (mg):69
- Iron (mg):1
- Potassium (mg):155